My devices: iPhone X
iPad 4
MacBook
Dell Inspiron laptop
CHUWI Plus 10 convertible Windows/Android tablet
Flag: Canada

Speed Dialer

Post by rbytes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 pm

I am breaking my New Year's resolution by posting this program before anyone else has contributed.
Ton (Dutchman) asked me to. (I had shared the program with Henk and Ton privately)
I understand his concern. We are both wondering whether any contributions will be made to Basic Programs by anyone other than the two of us and occasionally George. It is already almost halfway through January and no one has offered anything.

Speed Dialer does what the name suggests. Install it on your iPhone, iPad or both. A sample phone list is included. You can edit the entries to the names and numbers you want, but keep the same format. Once those entries are corrected, add more names.

Tap on any name in the list to call that number. Click OK on the popup.

Add, Edit and Delete work in a similar way. First press the desired button. An entry field will appear near the top of the list. See the screen images below. To Add, type a new name, description and number into the field and press OK. To Edit, scroll and select from the list the entry you want to edit. Make your changes and press OK. To Delete, scroll and select from the list the entry you want to delete and press OK. All of these actions are also described in the Help page.

Check the Help screen for more features. You can make phone calls from your iPad even if it doesn't have a SIMM card, as long as your iPhone is on the same network. The iPad will use the iPhone to place the call, but you will then be able to chat and control volume entirely on your iPad! A very cool undocumented feature of the PHONE CALL N$ command!

Here is a Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpyk3zefi881 ... LJ-ya?dl=0
Attachments
7E30A030-B443-4B91-BA6F-7A41EF78AB9E.png
7E30A030-B443-4B91-BA6F-7A41EF78AB9E.png (3.07 MiB) Viewed 211 times
01E0D58F-A5FA-4D4D-8136-28994882932F.png
01E0D58F-A5FA-4D4D-8136-28994882932F.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 211 times
7B91CB24-80DF-460C-B279-58D4CA03A6BF.png
7B91CB24-80DF-460C-B279-58D4CA03A6BF.png (3.4 MiB) Viewed 215 times
Last edited by rbytes on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
####### Living the colorful life #######

GeorgeMcGinn
My devices: IPad Pro 10.5in
IMac
Flag: United States of America

Re: Speed Dialer

Post by GeorgeMcGinn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:29 am

I have been working with Mike at TechBASIC on a potential bug (kind of huge).

I discovered that TB changes and removes a photo's EXIF and replaces what ever you used to edit your photo with Photoshop 3.0.

I've been working some on the weather app (the one that uses APIXU). I spent 5 days trying to figure out why I didn't get hourly data and the 10-day forecast. They now charge 4.95/mo for access to those and the Astro items!

I'm working on implementing CLIPBOARD to communicate between programs that execute the RUN statement. When I have that working I will be posting it here. The main program will be able to tell if it is executing for the first time, or called by another program, passing data between the two.

Since my iMac died, I've been setting up my Windows PC. So I haven't splitting my time. Also, two close friends of mine died during the Christmas holidays, and my uncle isn't doing well either. Same with my father. He's going to have a minor heart procedure done, but he's 88 years old.

I have a lot going on, but I will post my WeatherMan program that calls your Weatherscope program by February 1st. Sooner if the CLIPBOARD coding works like I expect it. I'm using it like the COMMAREA in a CICS program.

I hope you all had a happy holiday!

rbytes wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 pm
I am breaking my New Year's resolution by posting this program before anyone else has contributed.
Ton (Dutchman) asked me to. (I had shared the program with Henk and Ton privately)
I understand his concern. We are both wondering whether any contributions will be made to Basic Programs by anyone other than the two of us and occasionally George. It is already almost halfway through January and no one has offered anything.

Speed Dialer does what the name suggests. Install it on your iPhone, iPad or both. A sample phone list is included. You can edit the entries to the names and numbers you want, but keep the same format. Once those entries are corrected, add more names.

Tap on any name in the list to call that number. Click OK on the popup.

Add, Edit and Delete work in a similar way. First press the desired button. An entry field will appear near the top of the list. See the screen images below. To Add, type a new name, description and number into the field and press OK. To edit, scroll and select from the list the entry you want to edit. Make your changes and press OK. To delete, scroll and select from the list the entry you want to delete and press OK. All of these actions are also described in the Help page.

Check the Help screen for more features. You can make phone calls from your iPad even if it doesn't have a SIMM card, as long as your iPhone is on the same network. The iPad will use the iPhone to place the call, but you will then be able to chat and control volume entirely on your iPad! A very cool undocumented feature of the PHONE CALL N$ command!

Here is a Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpyk3zefi881 ... LJ-ya?dl=0
George McGinn
Computer Scientist/Cosmologist/Writer/Photographer
Member: IEEE, IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Sensors Council & IoT Technical Community
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
https://www.georgemcginn.com
https://www.cosmologyandspace.blog

rbytes
My devices: iPhone X
iPad 4
MacBook
Dell Inspiron laptop
CHUWI Plus 10 convertible Windows/Android tablet
Flag: Canada

Post by rbytes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:50 am

Interesting stuff, George, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Speed Dialer.
Maybe it should go in Other Topics. :?:
####### Living the colorful life #######

GeorgeMcGinn
My devices: IPad Pro 10.5in
IMac
Flag: United States of America

Post by GeorgeMcGinn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:26 pm

I know. But since I was mentioned here and you did talk about contributing to the forum, I figured I'd do an update here.

I didn't download this because my iPad does not have a phone. If I decide to get an iOS phone I will give this a try.

Happy New Year!
rbytes wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:50 am
Interesting stuff, George, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Speed Dialer.
Maybe it should go in Other Topics. :?:
George McGinn
Computer Scientist/Cosmologist/Writer/Photographer
Member: IEEE, IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Sensors Council & IoT Technical Community
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
https://www.georgemcginn.com
https://www.cosmologyandspace.blog